II. The religion, manners, and customs of the inhabitants, never before related by any English author.
III. Many curious observations concerning Arabia and India, not to be found in any other books of this nature; with directions for travellers.
[vii], 340 pages + 11 pages of the index, engraved additional title page, 1 plate, full leather with blind decoration on the covers, gilt dentelles on the edges, corners and top and bottom of the spine starting to wear, a very good copy.
N.B. Note added on 12 March: lacks one plate and the John Senex World map.
This fictional account by Symson was based on the book by John Ovington A Voyage to Suratt. Jonathan Swift also used this account when writing Gulliver's Travels.
- Overall Condition: A Very Good Copy
- Size: 16mo (170 x110mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard, PayPal (with a 5% surcharge), Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA