1 volume. First edition 1891. Scarce.
Publishers pictorial cover.
Cover vignette of native scene.
Gilt title to spine.
Untrimmed page blocks. Some uncut pages.
Colour endpapers, minimal foxing present.
, 340 pages, 4 page catalogue.
Frontispiece with tissue-guard.
11 full-page plates and in-text illustrations.
Fold-out map at rear 45.5 x 33 cm.
In 1889 De Windt rode on horseback from Tbilisi to Bombay, travelling
through Baku, Tehran, Isfahan, Shiraz, Bushire, Baluchistan and Quetta.
He served as aide-de-camp to his brother-in-law Charles Brooke, Rajah
of Sarawak, from 1876 to 1878, and also travelled widely across Russia,
including a journey to Western Siberia in 1890 to inspect the region's prisons.
Recorded shipping weight 1500g.
Shipped and insured by recorded delivery.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 23 x 15 5 cm
- Sold By: West Clare Rare Books
- Contact Person: Tom Moloney
- Country: Ireland
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0657087803
- Preferred Payment Methods: Credit Cards - PayPal - Cheque.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved