Drawn by Henry Salt Engraved by I. Bluck No 11
Published as the Act directs by William Miller Albermarle May 1st 1809.
Hand coloured aquatint. Size 430 x590mm with margins actual size (550 x760mm), expertly cleaned, a very good copy.
Africana Museum Catalogue of Prints volume 1 S15
Gordon – Brown (A.A.) Pictorial Africana page 216: Henry Salt 1780 -1827 was an English artist and traveller who visited the Cape. This image is from a work entitled Twenty Four views in St. Helena, the Cape India Ceylon...engraved from the drawing of Henry Salt
- Overall Condition: A Very Good Copy
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.