Six volumes, hardcover Octavo, bound in illustrated red cloth boards.
All six volumes are decorated with gilt titling on the front boards and to the spines. Head/heels and corners are a bit bumped, and also have some cloth missing from the top/bottom spines.
There are some marks and scratches on the front/back boards, as well as slight rubbing along the edges of the books, due to general shelf wear.
Beautifully illustrated frontispieces with tissue guards, portraits, maps and a coloured fold out map in volume three (map has some foxing/tears).
Some foxing can be seen throughout the volumes, altogether a nice copy of a quite scarce work which makes an excellent introduction to the genre of tales of African exploration.
Bindings and books are all in very good condition.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 262 x 185 mm
- Sold By: Bookdealers cc
- Contact Person: Doron Locketz. Vivienne Yudaken.
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 011 7821101
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa, Diners, AMEX and Mastercard
- Trade Associations: South African Bookdealers Association