Original dark green bevelled boards with camp fire to upper board, similar design to spine. Top edge gilded.
In this work, the author travelled to British East Africa where he hunted lion on the Kapita Plains, and kudu near Tsavo. He bagged a cheetah on the Guaso Nyiro, as well as eland, roan and buffalo. Several hunting episodes were also mentioned in his earlier The Land of Footprints.
8vo. vi plus 415 pages text with 29 illustrations. First United Kingdom Edition. 1914.
Very clean copy.
- Jacket Condition: No Dustcover
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 22.5 x 15.5cm
- Sold By: Quathlamba Winds Books
- Contact Person: Ian & Yvonne Halford
- Country: United Kingdom
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01743 361772
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal-Cheques-Direct Transfer to UK Bank.
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.