First edition 2nd printing: 522 pages, profusely illustrated with black and white photographs, black cloth slightly insect scarred, a good copy in the dust jacket.
Czech (Dr. Kenneth) An Annotated Bibliography of African Big Game Hunting Books 1785 – 1999, page 195: Reminiscent of Maydon's Big Game Shooting in Africa, this comprehensive work identifies the continent's big game, its location and distribution in twenty countries, natural history and hunting incidents. Among the contributing authors, besides Mellon are C.J.P. Ionides, H.W. Klein, Ian Henderson, Warren Page etc. There is also an interesting chapter by Rowland Ward of London on the skinning and preservation of big game trophies.
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 4to (320 x240mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers.
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA