Account of the interior of Angola and the Congo by an obscure, yet very observant explorer of Portuguese origins. He studied geology in Britain and his main aim in West Africa was the search for minerals. However he wrote down important data on the region, its fauna and flora as well as on the culture of the inhabitants. He died shortly after the completion of the work. 303 + 340 pp, this edition the scarce one with colour plates and map. Recovered in green buckram with original gilt decoration and spine panel laid down on covers.
- Jacket Condition: none
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 190 x 130 mm
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.