A first edition, second impression of Orwell's political allegory, also described as a "good natured satire upon dictatorship", which became a major classic of the 20th century.
The first edition was published on 17 August, 1945, and the second impression (or first reprint) appeared directly afterwards in the same month.
Published under wartime manufacturing constraints - albeit in a sizeable first printing of 4500 copies. The second printing of 10,000 copies followed almost immediately. The work was so popular that the first American edition consisted of 50,000 copies.
Contents clean, binding tight. Former owner's bookplate on front pastedown. Jacket not price clipped with age associated edge wear.
- Jacket Condition: Good
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 12mo.
- Sold By: Rare Paper
- Contact Person: Armandt Marais
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 018 294 3438
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal, EFT, Bank Deposit
- Trade Associations: A. A. Approved