343 pages: 162 plates, portrait as frontispiece. Quarto. Quarter leather & marbled paper covered boards, rubbed on spine. Some spotting to endpapers. Number 105 of an edition limited to 200 copies. Signed by Fransen on colophon page.
Elliott came to the Cape in 1900. Although he was not a professional photographer, he became interested in photographing his surroundings. Elliott's collection (now owned by the State) provides an invaluable record of the Cape in the early 20th century. Taken mainly in the winter months, his architectural photographs are unrivalled.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 26 x 27 cm
- Sold By: Select Books
- Contact Person: David McLennan
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021-4246955
- Preferred Payment Methods: Credit card; EFT
- Trade Associations: SABDA