Long's Colonial Library, 286 pages, frontispiece of the author, folding map, 19 plates, recent half green morocco gilt with marbled paper sides, original green printed card front cover bound in before the half title page, a very good copy.
Mendelssohn (Sidney) South African Bibliography, volume 2, page 611: 'The volume deals mainly with the author's personal experiences and inferences during ten months' association with the Australian troops, more especially with that section which took part in the march from Modder River to Pretoria.'
Hackett (R.G.), page 51: Experiences of a war correspondent contributing to the Sydney Daily Telegraph and the Adelaide Advertiser and Melbourne Age. The record covers ten months association with Australian forces at the front and is primarily concerned with events on the March from Modder River to Pretoria, and later operations in the Transvaal and Orange River Colony.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 8vo (195 x 130 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers, PayPal with a 5% surcharge
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA