Letcher hunted in the Luangwa Valley for elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, eland and other game. After crossing the Muchinga Mountains, he bagged rhinoceros and elephant, as well as roan. He continued his hunt in the swamp lands near Lake Bangweulu, then returned to the Luangwa Valley for additional sport.
Letcher also mentioned the chimpakwe, the "brontosuarus" or similar prehistoric beast that natives described as living near Lake Bangweulu. He concludes his book with descriptions of the types of game encountered in the area.
8vo. 266 pages. Frontispiece with tissue guard, plus 48 plates and a folding map. Red cloth with gilt spine(sunned), and spine titles. Some offset to endpapers. Some edge spotting. Very clean and tightly bound.
CZECH: Page 164.
Very clean copy.
- Jacket Condition: No Dustcover
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 22.5 x 15cm
- Sold By: Quathlamba Winds Books
- Contact Person: Ian & Yvonne Halford
- Country: United Kingdom
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01743 361772
- Preferred Payment Methods: Paypal-Cheques-Direct Transfer to UK Bank.
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.