1 volume. First edition.
Publishers buff cover with gilt vignette.
Gilt title on spine. Map on front endpapers.
445 pages + 150 photo-plates and illustrations.
Nice clean original copy.
"An essential title in the African big game library, this work calls on the talents
of numerous African sportsmen as contributors describing the hunting regions
of the continent with attendant analysis of game animals and hunting methods.
The contributors include Maydon, the Duke of Gloucester, R. Akroyd, G. Blaine,
R.E. Drake-Brockman, E. Browne, G. Burrard, A.L. Butler, P.H.G. Powell-Cotton,
A. Gordon-Cumming, Stevenson Hamilton, H.G.C. Swayne, H.F. Varian; and others.
A wealth of information with exciting hunting experiences throughout.
(Czech, An Annotated Bibliography of African
Big Game Hunting Books 1785 to 1950, p.110).
Recorded shipping weight 2000g.
Shipped and insured by recorded delivery.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 22 x 14.5 cm
- Sold By: West Clare Rare Books
- Contact Person: Tom Moloney
- Country: Ireland
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0657087803
- Preferred Payment Methods: Credit Cards - PayPal - Cheque.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved