240 pp. Some illustrations. Textblock slightly browned.Ink name and address of a previous owner on the front, free, end-paper along with the publishers review label.
The following reference is taken from Loot.co. za as well as from Wikipedia :
Executive Outcomes was a private, military, company founded in South Africa by former Lieutenant-Colonel of the South African Defence Force, Eeben Barlow in 1989. It later became part of the South African-based holding company,Strategic Resource Corporation.
In Angola, Sierra Leone and Papua New Guinea, it stepped in while the UN revealed itself as little more than a debating society. But the motives of this mercenary army are open to question: was it more interested in protecting Sierra Leone\'s diamond mines than the people caught up in a savage guerilla war?
Journalist Jim Hooper followed Executive Outcomes on operations all over Africa and in this book reveals the story of a mercenary army in action.
- Jacket Condition: Near Fine
- Binding Condition: Very Good +
- Overall Condition: Very Good +
- Size: Royal Octavo
- Sold By: Tall Stories - Fine Books for Discerning Readers
- Contact Person: M. M. Kempthorne & A. J. V Kruger
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 27 (0) 12 662 2829
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa, Mastercard and American Express
- Trade Associations: South African Book Dealers Association