196 mm high and 65 mm in circumference at the base. The top is oval in shape and measures 50 x 37 mm. Carved from bone in three sections which are fitted together and secured through the centre with a wooden ‘plug’ fixed with a nail. The base is embellished with a floral design and stands on four legs.
The base is inscribed in black, ‘P.O.W. St. Helena. 1901.’ The maker is not identified.
An elegant item in excellent condition.