792 pages, illustrated throughout with contemporary photographs, full black morocco slightly scuffed at the top of the spine, decorated in gilt on the upper cover and titled and decorated gilt on the back, marbled endpapers, all edges gilt, a very good copy.
Sold by subscription principally to the farmers and business owners who are mentioned in the book, it is nevertheless a valuable source of information about the economy of the Cape at the time of Union. Included are articles on the flora, fauna, forestry, viticulture, ethnography and railways and harbours. Contributors include Leo Biden, A.H. Tatlow, P. Daniel Hahn and P. Wyer.
The Foreign and Colonial Compiling and Publishing Co., London, 27 Pilgrim Street. Union of South Africa, J.C.Juta & Co.
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 4to (315 x 250 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.