With a definitive list of smiths and their marks. 172 pages, numerous illustrations, brown vyanide titled gilt on the spine, a very good copy in the dust jacket.
This book is described as an important contribution to the study of Cape Silver. It includes biographical information on Cape silversmiths, a record of the marks used by silversmiths and a survey of objects made from late 17th to mid-19th century.
- Overall Condition: A Very Good Copy
- Size: 4to (285 x 205 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers.
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA