Among other contributions, it contains a double page map and three accounts, entitled variously, Journal of a Cruise on the Lake Tanganyika (pp 339-357) and Capt. J H Speke\'s Discovery of the Victoria Nyanza Lake, the supposed Source of the Nile in two parts( pp 392-419 & 565-582) in which he described his momentous find and expounded his theories, thus enraging Richard Burton, who had led the expedition, but had been left behind due to illness, and whose subsequent book belittled Speke\'s discovery. An important and scarce item of African exploration in the Great Lakes region In green half calf, somewhat sunned on spine with gilt lettering, marbled eps and edges of textblock. Very good condition throughout.
- Jacket Condition: n/a
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 220 x 145 mm
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.