First edition: xiv, xv, 557 pages + 3pages publisher's catalogue, frontispiece portrait, 15 engraved plates, hinges simply reinforced, blue cloth with blind decoration on the front and back covers, rebacked preserving the original back strip, titled gilt on the spine, a good copy.
Mendelssohn (Sidney) South African Bibliography vol 2 page 465:This volume of South African missionary experiences gives a sketch " of the history, extent, resources, population, and varied life of South Africa," together with an account of missionary labours and travels in Cape Colony, Kaffraria, and Natal. The author arrived at Table Bay on February 17, 1866, and visited a large number of mission stations, and the work contains valuable information respecting the natives of the Eastern Province, and the progress of civilisation and Christianity in Kaffraria and the frontier territories.
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (210 x140mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers, PayPal with a 5% surcharge
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA