Another A.A. Balkema gem, handsomely bound in deep red cloth with gilt title and publisher's motif to spine and front cover. Cellophane protected DW. xii plus 412pp. Richly illustrated mostly in B/W with a few colour plates in between.
Previous owner's name penned to front free EP. Fading to DW spine and light chipping to DW spine ends. The pages are clean and crisp throughout, bindings are tight. A very good plus copy.
Covering the period from the first Dutch Settlers in the 17th century until the end of the 19th century, clothing for men, women and children is covered systematically for each period; also such accessories as boots and shoes, jewellery, hats and bonnets, hairdressing and scarves. The descriptions of garments gives attention not only to general style, but to buttons and ribbons and techniques of sewing and assembly.
- Jacket Condition: Good
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 280mm x 210mm x 42mm
- Sold By: Booktown Africana
- Contact Person: Chris Shelton
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0679155808
- Preferred Payment Methods: Internet banking transfer (EFT), PAYPAL. Regret no Credit Card facility.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved