No. 244 of the limited edition of 300 signed copies which constitutes the ENTIRE edition of this title. This copy from the library of fellow artist Johannes Meintjes with his self designed ex libris on the front pastedown. In this high spot of South African artists books, Stern recounts her trip to the Congo and illustrates it with her paintings, both tipped in and in-text. 52pp. In the original 1/4 raffia and cloth binding. (There were two variants of raffia used for this book - one being brown and beige and one being yellow - this copy is one of the latter).
This is a very good unmarked copy. The raffia spine, which is frequently frayed on this title, is 100% intact. The only minor defects are some very light evidence of tape offsetting on the free endpapers, the book having presumably previously been covered in tape secured plastic, and neat paper strip reinforcements of the front and rear endpaper hinges.
An interesting association of two important South African artists.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: Small 4to.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA