4 volumes: 376 + 342 + 386 + 382 pages, frontispieces in the first 3 volumes, 2 folding maps, original half brown leather with matching paper covered boards which are scuffed and worn, red title labels gilt on the spines with black labels denoting the volume numbers, a good set.
Volumes 1 – 4 with the following titles printed on the half-title pages, originally published in 19 volumes from 1816 - 1826
Volume 1: Guinea
Volume 2: Westindie
Volume 3: Het Westelijke gedeelte van den Noord-Pool, of Ysland Groenland, Canada enz.
Volume 4: Noord-Amerika
Dutch translation of Die Erde und ihre Bewohner, published in Leipzig from 1810 onwards.
- Overall Condition: A Good Set
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.