First edition: 12 pages of letterpress, 44 pages of sepia toned photographs, pictorial card wrappers, a fine copy.
This is no 229 of 1000 copies of this first printing numbered 1 -1000.
Signed by Adam Small on the title page.
Editor' note: Recognising that District Six was not only a vital community but contained architecture abounding with felicities and of great historical importance, the Cape Provincial Institute of Architects commissioned Dutch-born photographer Jansje Wissema, one of South Africa's most celebrated photgraphers, to make a record of the buildings, street life and people of the area. Her portfolio has become one of South Africa's most poignant historical documents, but because she died soon after completing the commission it has not been until now published.
- Overall Condition: A Fine Copy
- Size: 4to (330 x250mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.