85 pages of letterpress and 110 plates, full brown leather gilt, top edge gilt, other edges uncut – light spotting on the uncut edges and endpapers, a very good copy.
‘The primary aim of this work is to place before the students of art and archaeology a carefully selected series of illustrations and showing the variety of forms and schemes of ornamentation applied to bronze vessels and implements in early and medieval China.’ Preface.
Of this edition 40 numbered copies, of which 35 are for sale, have been printed on papier cheval chinois. This is No. 12. Signed by the author.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: very good
- Size: Folio (330 x 225 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA