1 volume. First edition 1868.
From the library of Lord Carew, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford.
Maroon blind-stamped covers.
Gilt titles with gilt vignette to spine.
Bookplate on inside cover.
ix, 325 pages.
12 page, , publishers catalogue.
Frontispiece with tissue-guard.
Title vignette [stained].
"In 1867, Royal Navy lieutenant E. D. Young trekked to Africa
to find the great missionary-explorer David Livingstone who was
reported to be lost while searching for the origins of the Nile.
Henry Faulkner joined the expedition primarily to hunt. His
efforts collecting elephant, buffalo, and hippo in present day
Malawi and around Lake Nyasa are duly captured in this rare
narrative. [Czech. An Annotated Bibliography of African Big Game
Hunting Books 1785 to 1950, p.56]."
Recorded shipping weight 1500g.
Shipped and insured by recorded delivery.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 23 x 15.5 cm
- Sold By: West Clare Rare Books
- Contact Person: Tom Moloney
- Country: Ireland
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0657087803
- Preferred Payment Methods: Credit Cards - PayPal - Cheque.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved