No. 23 of 25 copies bound in half calf with one additional plate. 8vo. 305pp. In the original half blue calf and blue cloth. Top edge gilt. One folding map and numerous black and white photographic plates, many of wild game. From the notable Africana library of F.W. Hosken, with his ex libris on the front pastedown. The spine in somewhat sunned and there is some occasional minor spotting of the edges, but still a very good plus copy.
McGrigor-Phillips (known as Dorothy Una Ratcliffe) was a Yorkshire Poet, but born in Brighton of a Yorkshire father. Dorothy moved to Leeds upon her first marriage and began a writing career that lasted from the 1920s all the way through to the 1960's and she had published some 40 or so books of poetry, memoirs, travel and plays. She was the youngest ever Lady Mayoress of Leeds in 1913. Her books have become much sought after in her much loved Yorkshire and elsewhere. She travelled with her husband to Kenya where he indulged in a little big game hunting etc. Czech 230.
- Binding Condition: Very Good Plus
- Overall Condition: Very Good Plus
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.