2 volumes, volume 1: 172 pages of letterpress + 89 colour plates and 2 folding maps, volume 2: 181 pages of letterpress + 95 colour plates, blue cloth titled gilt on the upper cover and spine, a very good set.
As well as the watercolours these volumes contain articles on various aspects of Le Vaillant's life and work. Contributors include Matthys Bokhorst, Vernon Forbes, Ronald Lewcock and Dirk Visser, Percival Kirby, S.H. Skaife and A.M. Lewin Robinson.
Number 2406 of an English edition limited to 2,500 copies.
- Overall Condition: A Very Good Set
- Size: Large 4to (310 x 240 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA