A superb first edition, first issue in dustwrapper of this highspot of Afro-American literature. Knopf, 1953. The book, in the original rust coloured cloth, is in fine, unflawed and almost certainly unread condition. The top edge blue/green stain is bright, the book is square and crisp and the pages are unmarked and bright. The unclipped dustwrapper is in about fine complete condition. There appears to have been a minor professional repair to a couple of tiny closed tears as evidenced by two small patches of discolouration on the inside of the dustwrapper adjacent to the front fold, but this is not at all visible on the front of the wrapper. Please see the images of both sides of the dustwrapper provided. Note that there is no edgewear whatsoever. The book is protected in a fine leather and buckram Solander box by Asprey bookbinders. Almost as good as it gets.
- Jacket Condition: About Fine
- Binding Condition: Fine
- Overall Condition: Fine
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.