A very scarce 59pp. small fragile booklet being a very early South African Gold Mining publication, appearing only 2 years after the discovery of a gold reef on the farm Langlaagte on the Witwatersrand. A guide to gold assaying when the industry was in its infancy in South Africa. There is a 10pp. appendix is ëntitled - "The Preparation of Pure Silver for Assay Purposes" and a further 3pp. of drawings of primitive mining equipment.
SABIB Vol 1. Page 661. Only 2 copies located - the Mendelsohhn copy and the South African Library in Cape Town. Curtis was a mining engineer and assayer,formerly of the Royal School of Mines.
In the original pale blue printed wraps which have some edge chipping and one internal archival tape repair. Internally the pages are in very good condition with slight dogearing of a few. Errata slip tipped in.
- Binding Condition: Very Good Minus
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 12mo. (18 x 12cms.)
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA