Fourth edition:389 + 20 pages of commercial advertisements – the adverts in the preliminary pages have been simply repaired, folding map indicating the gold areas and railways in red, folding plan of Moodie's goldfields, folding colour map of the Kaap Gold Fields, folding plan of the Rand and Heidelberg Fields, 1 other map, blue cloth boards titled gilt on the spine - which is starting to fray, foxing on the page edges, a good copy.
One of several publications by Edward Mathers who was one of the great promoters of the gold mining industry in Southern Africa. In 1888 he founded the weekly journal South Africa devoted to disseminating information about the mining industry and the vast potential for British investment and employment.
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (210 x 120mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA