First edition, large octavo, Hardcover bound in pictorial boards, and has 272 pages with brown front/rear end-papers. Green/white titles on the front board and to the spine.
Head/heel and corners are a bit bumped, with some light rubbing along the edges. The book contains a foreword by Dr Anton Rupert, with numerous historical black and white plates, graphs, sketches and maps throughout. Signed and numbered (142) by the author on a bookplate that is pasted on the inside front end-paper.
Very minor water-damage on top pages throughout, overall, both the book and the binding are in very good condition.
The Story of Graaff-Reinet, of its founding and growth, is, in essence, the history of pioneering in South Africa. It is a tale of strife, but from the turmoil of those early years has grown the progress and prosperity which now mark this scenic village in the heartland of our country.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 310 x 240 mm
- Sold By: Bookdealers cc
- Contact Person: Doron Locketz. Vivienne Yudaken.
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 011 7821101
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa, Diners, AMEX and Mastercard
- Trade Associations: South African Bookdealers Association