First English translation of noted German historian and classical scholar's researches into ancient writings on the Carthaginian empire, the Ethiopians and the Egyptian civilization as far south as Meroe. Contemporary full tan calf with gilt-ruled and blind-dotted borders and cornerpieces, spine in six compartments of raised gilt bands and densely gilt spiral motif, red and brown morocco labels on two and three, board edges gilt, edges and endpapers marbled. A beautiful set, professionally restored with original backs laid down. Textblock is clean and tight, but all maps show quite extensive foxing. An uncommon set in English, especially in this condition
- Jacket Condition: none
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 220 x 150 mm
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.