336 pages, frontispiece, title page vignette, 2 folding maps, recent quarter leather with matching marbled boards, uncancelled library stamps, titled gilt on the spine, a very good copy.
Mendelssohn (Sidney) South African Bibliography vol 1 page 988: This work forms Vol. III. of the " British Colonial Library," and includes an account of the Cape up to the period shortly before the Great Trek. It is stated that at this time the area of the Colony was estimated at 200,000 square miles, as against 128,500, its extent when the Colony was taken over from the Dutch. Considerable information is afforded respecting the natives, with some particulars respecting the various missionary societies and their stations, and there are remarks on the short-sighted policy of the British Government regarding the wine and brandy industry of the Cape Colony.
- Overall Condition: A Very Good Copy
- Size: 16mo (170 x 110 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers.
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA