Original pictorial cloth binding. The text block edges are decorated with a marbled design. Light blue patterned end papers. Two colour plates followed by xii prelims, with text to page 690 followed by a 67 page Appendix dealing with the Australian contribution to the war, etc. Black and white illustrations. This copy does have the loosely inserted coloured folding map.
CONDITION DETAILS: The binding has some edge wear, especially at the head and tail of the spine and the corners, but still retains a clean and fresh appearance. The text block is heavy and the hinges are no longer firm, especially at the rear - see image of the back hinge which is starting to split. There is some staining on the front blank pages and some browning at the top of the colour plates. The large folding map has some splits along the fold lines.
- Binding Condition: Bright, fresh appearance
- Overall Condition: A decent copy
- Size: 233mm x 177mm
- Sold By: Gandolph's Books
- Contact Person: Arnaud Labuschagne
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: +27 11-624-1752
- Preferred Payment Methods: Cash, Cheque deposits in Rands, bank transfers.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved