1 volume. First edition.
Frontispiece sepia photographic portrait of Stanley with printed signature.
Spotting on frontispiece page, otherwise a lovely copy.
Name on inside page.
xxiii, 736 pages + 8 page publishers catalogue.
28 full-page engraved plates + 25 in-text illustrations.
1 in-text + 5 folding maps [1 large 63 x 51.5 cm].
Small repair to some map runs.
One of the most significant books of 19th century exploration and the
landmark book on Africa that secured Stanley's reputation.
Recorded shipping weight 2000g.
Shipped and insured by recorded delivery.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 23 x 16 cm
- Sold By: West Clare Rare Books
- Contact Person: Tom Moloney
- Country: Ireland
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0657087803
- Preferred Payment Methods: Credit Cards - PayPal - Cheque.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.