With photographs from the Hartley family's private collection.
First edition: 241 pages, numerous black and white photographs, navy blue imitation leather with a gilt vignette of a kudi on the upper cover, decorative gilt and title on the spine, housed in a blue marbled paper covered slipcase, a fine copy.
Limitations page reads: One thousand copies have been published by the Amwell Press for the National Sporting Fraternity Limited as the eighteenth book in its African Hunting Heritage Collection. This is copy is no.128 as authorised by the author and president of NFSL.
Czech (Dr. Kenneth) An Annotated Bibliography of African Big Game Hunting Books 1785 – 1999, page 120: Hartley recounts the adventures of two generations of his family as hunters in East Afrcia, inlcuding hunts after elephants in Uganda and Tanzania and buffalo, lion, sitatunga and other game in Kenya.
- Overall Condition: A Fine Copy
- Size: 8vo (240 x150mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA