First edition. x, 281 pages, frontispiece, map, 7 full-page plates, many black and white photographs, original orange cloth titled in black on the upper cover and spine with a map of Africa, a good copy.
Czech (Dr. Kenneth) An Annotated Bibliography of African Big Game Hunting Books 1785-1999 page 73: With Philip Percival as their professional hunter, the Curtis' embarked on the Uganda Railway to hunt west of Kijabe. They hunted eland in the Kedong Valley before climbing the Mau Escarpment to reach the Guaso Nyero. Among the animals in their game bag were kongoni, gazelle, wildebeest, oryx and others. There is a considerable description of lion hunting in the region. In Masai territory they bagged rhino and buffalo. The finals section of the book, totalling about 70 pages and written by Richard Curtis, describes a hunt for giant sable near the Loando River in Angola.
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (230 x 150 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA