First edition 2nd impression: 389 pages, numerous photographic plates and illustrations, 9 maps, original dark blue cloth titled gilt on the spine and with a gilt vignette on the upper cover, a good copy.
Czech (Kenneth) An annotated Bibliography of African Big Game hunting Books, 1785 to 1999, page 214. 'Patterson revisits the infamous sites of Tsavo which he describes in his first book, then treks into the Nyika, or wilderness of British East Africa. Near the Karusi River, he bagged bushbuck, eland and kudu, and had numerous encounters with lions. Along the Guaso Nyiro, oryx and gerenuk were collected, and rhinoceros in the Samuru lands. There is also a feverish encounter with a rogue elephant that killed Aladdin, Patterson’s steed.'
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (220 x 150 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA