1 volume. First edition 1933.
Publishers burgundy covers.
Gilt vignette of an elephant on the upper cover.
Gilt titles to spine.
Colour top page block.
viii, 296 pages.
Frontispiece portrait of author.
"Muirhead earned a living poaching elephant particularly in the Belgian Congo
and in Portuguese East Africa. His encounters with big game are numerous, and
his writing style is quite lively. Besides big tuskers he also relates his adventures
with lion and buffalo. As he notes, An elephant-poacher leads a hard life and earns
all the ivory he gets.” (Czech, An Annotated Bibliography of African Big Game
Hunting Books 1785-1999, p.205).
Recorded shipping weight 1000g.
Shipped and insured by recorded delivery.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 22.5 x 15 cm
- Sold By: West Clare Rare Books
- Contact Person: Tom Moloney
- Country: Ireland
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0657087803
- Preferred Payment Methods: Credit Cards - PayPal - Cheque.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.