220 pages, colour frontispiece & 7 colour plates (laid down photographs), profusely illustrated throughout with black & white photographs, full blue leather gilt, a very good copy.
This appears to be a specially bound copy. Loosely inserted is a slip stating, "Collector's Copy in De Luxe Binding for J.A. Windell and signed by the author."
"The Von Oertzen Collection of oriental art, of which the Chinese and Indian jades constitute by far the most important part, was formed by Baron and Baroness von Oertzen in the years following the Second World War, and mainly since 1954 in the course of extensive travels in Europe, America, Asia and Australasia." Preface.
At the time of writing the book, the collection was housed at the von Oertzen’s home in Johannesburg. Baron von Oertzen was instrumental in bringing Volkswagen to South Africa.
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 4to (285 x 220 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers, PayPal with a 5% surcharge
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA