The now scarce first edition of this title which went through several reprints. The adventurous life of Major Pretorius born in the Transvaal, South Africa and spending his life hunting the wild animals of Africa. During the East African Campaign in World War I, he served as chief of scouts for Field Marshal Smut's forces. Numerous black and white photographs. Introduction by Field-Marshall J.C. Smuts. Nice mapped endpapers of Southern Africa. 232pp. in the original red cloth with dustwrapper.
An about fine clean unmarked and unfoxed copy in a very good non price-clipped dustwrapper which has some wear and about 2mm. of chipping at the extremes of the spine.
- Jacket Condition: Very Good
- Binding Condition: About Fine
- Overall Condition: Very Good Plus
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA