First American edition published by Henry Holt in 1895.
194pp. Very good condition given the age of the copy.
The South African author's fourth book.
Beige cloth with dark brown spine and cover titles and publisher's owl emblem on front cover. Top page edges gilt. List of titles in the publisher's Buckram Series on half title verso including this title. Three pages of publisher's advertisements follow text. First American edition.
Contains seven short stories, and a glossary of "Kafir terms" used in the stories. South African author William Charles Scully (1855-1943) was born in Ireland but spent most of his life in South Africa, where he became a magistrate as well as an author.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Sold By: Rare Paper
- Contact Person: Armandt Marais
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 0741235861
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT, Bank Deposit. For International Customers: Paypal with 6% surcharge, International Transfer
- Trade Associations: A. A. Approved