Original pictorial red cloth binding. Gilt titling on the spine. Gilt decorative illustration on the upper board with black titling and decorations. Yellow endpapers. Black and white frontispiece, xii prelims and 320 text pages.
The author was the resident magistrate in Kaffraria and commandant of Native levies during the Kafir War of 1878.
CONDITION DETAILS: The binding has come loose. It is worth re-casing this book as the original cloth is worth preserving. There is some wear and soiling and the tears at the top of the spine can be repaired. There is a pen name on the front free endpaper and the rear endpaper has some pen and pencil notes.
- Binding Condition: Some wear, loose
- Overall Condition: Good
- Size: 191 mm x 137 mm
- Sold By: Gandolph's Books
- Contact Person: Arnaud Labuschagne
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +27 11-624-1752
- Preferred Payment Methods: Cash, Cheque deposits in Rands, bank transfers.
- Trade Associations: AA Approved