1. Keith Alexander - The Artist and his Work. Catalogue from 1985 with a booklet and six loose cards with prints from the exhibition in a folder. Text by Dr Albert Werth. Catalogue cover has some wear and minor soiling and discolouration, internally very bright and clean, overall very good. An attractive and hard to find bit of Alexander ephemera.
2. Keith Alexander: The Artist in Retrospect by David Robbins. Publisher: Jonathan Ball Johannesburg, 2000.
Hardcover. 236 pages. An exceptional book reflecting on the work and life of one of South Africa's most successful and extraordinary artists. Zimbabwean born, Keith Alexander is well known for his desert art, inspired by the Namib and his preoccupation with ruins overrun with rampant vegetation and with shipwrecks marooned in the dunes. He died at the age of 52 in 1988. Alexander is South Africa's foremost realist and surrealist painter.
A very good to fine copy. Slight bumping on one corner, otherwise in excellent and unread condition. This is a very large and heavy book and international couriering will be expensive.
- Sold By: BOHEMSKYS
- Contact Person: Jeannine du Venage
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 044 3431298
- Preferred Payment Methods: PayPal, EFT
- Trade Associations: AA Approved