One page typed letter dated 28/6/54 from Killie Campbell (founder of the Killie Campbell Museum in Durban) to Bess Van Zyl (nee. Reitz - daughter of F.W. Reitz and sister of Deneys Reitz). Circa 200 words. Interesting content discussing The Historical Monuments Commission, The Natal Settlers Museum, a Bantu Museum .... and other Africana activities. She also mentions that "next month July will be very full , as there is a Presbyterian Minister coming to work on his thesis on Colenso; an Indian reading for his M.A.; and a Zulu writer doing research on Zebepu; also an Afrikaans teacher from the Transvaal on an M.A. thesis. It will have to be Apartheid, with one in each room!!"
On a single sheet with folds and a few stains - see image. A nice letter.
- Overall Condition: Good
- Size: 23 x 17.5 cm.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.