A scarce title of early travel to South Africa and the Gold Fields. SABIB 5,206. Only 1 Copy. Small 128pp. volume bound in red cloth lettered in gilt. Recounts the author's sea voyage to Cape Town in the Scot in 1898. The main description is of life on the Witwatersrand where he eventually found employment on the mines, with interesting observations on the black tribes, their war dances etc.
Slight sunning to the spine but a very good clean tight copy.
- Binding Condition: Very Good
- Overall Condition: Very Good
- Size: 12mo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA
Similar lots in the upcoming auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.