46 pages, light brown card wrappers - paperback, light foxing, a good copy.
C. Bodtker was the District Engineer, Cape Government Railways.
From the preface: With a view to enable those to who take an interest in this battle of the gauges to judge for themselves what ought to be done I have compiled this pamphlet on little railways from the latest information and statistics obtainable, and from personal knowledge of them in other countries.
Mendelssohn (Sidney) South African Bibliography vol 1 page 141: A review of the existing light railways in the Colony, and of the proposals for the establishment of others. It is argued that when it is decided to construct "feeders" to main lines, only those schemes should be entertained which deal with proposals for the construction of lines which have every chance of paying their way.
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 8 vo (250 x 150 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA