First edition, first printing of the scarce second James Bond novel. The gilt decorations are moderately oxidised and dulled, as is common for this title, in this instance more noticeably on the spine lettering than on the medallion on the front board. Apart from this, a truly about fine copy. The boards are square and unmarked with no bumping of the corners or edges. Internally it is very clean and possibly unread with no markings or foxing. There is one tiny spot on the fore edge. In a supplied dustwrapper from a later edition which has reviews of the book on the rear flap and adverts for Moonraker and Diamonds are Forever on the rear panel but with a front panel and spine which match the first edition wrapper. it is at least very good, complete and not price clipped (10s.6d.). The colours are bright with some light edge wear, most marked at the top of the spine.
In summary, a very collectable first edition in a very good plus slightly later dustwrapper. The book could readily be married to a fine first edition dustwrapper. I would be happy to supply further images or information if required.
- Jacket Condition: Very Good
- Binding Condition: Very Good Plus
- Overall Condition: Very Good Plus
- Size: 8vo.
- Sold By: Ronald Levine - Modern First Editions
- Contact Person: Ronald Levine
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 27 11 728-2044
- Preferred Payment Methods: EFT for S.African customers and PayPal or Bank Transfer for overseas clients. I regret that I no longer accept Credit Cards..
- Trade Associations: SABDA