First edition: 498 + 32 pages of publisher's catalogue, coloured folding map as frontispiece, 2 other folding maps, 5 sketch maps and plans, light foxing on the page edges, starting to wear at the front hinge, original pictorial cream cloth – slightly soiled, titled gilt on the spine, a good copy.
Mendelssohn (Sidney) South African Bibliography vol. 1 page 338: The correspondence of which this volume is composed appeared in the columns of the Morning Post, and extends from October 26, 1899, to March 10, 1900. The author travelled by the same ship as Sir Redvers Buller, and arrived at Cape Town, en route for the front, on November 1, 1899, and at Durban on November 4th.
- Overall Condition: A Good Copy
- Size: 8vo (200 x130mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.