Second book by this author on the people of the great island. As a missionary, he naturally focuses on the Christian martyrs and their persecution, but gives a fair account of the state of the population and their prospects both economically and politically. 502 pp with frontis and twelve engraved plates, NB folding map at front is missing - otherwise a beautiful volume. Beautifully bound in full calf prize-binding with lavish gilt decoration to covers and edges. Marbled endpapers and bookplate, all edges gilt.
- Jacket Condition: none
- Binding Condition: Very good
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: 210 x 135 mm
- Sold By: Africana Books
- Contact Person: Stefan Blank
- Country: South Africa
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 021 4475741
- Preferred Payment Methods: Direct deposit/EFT to our account, or Visa, Master & Amex cards - but an extra 5% will be debited for card chgs.. Paypal also welcome, but 7% charge will be levied, as there are PP &repatriation fees to be paid.
- Trade Associations: Member of SABDA
Similar lots in the current auction View all
Click on an item to view more details and to bid.