With engravings by John Buckland Wright
100 pages, wood engraved frontispiece and chapter head pieces by Buckland Wright, full page map, green buckram with gilt titling along the spine and a gilt vignette on the upper cover (the corners are slightly bumped), top edge gilt other edges uncut, contents crisp.
The colophon reads:
Matthew Flinders’ Narrative has been designed, produced, and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, on Arnold’s mould-made paper in 16pt. Aldine Bembo type, with Centaur initials, designed by Bruce Rogers, and Lyons capitals, designed by Louis Perrin, upon the model of Latin inscriptions, in 1846. Composition and presswork under the supervision of F.J. Newbery at the Chiswick Press, has been finished on the 30th Day of October, 1946. Compositors: W.J. Sharp & H.W.K. Halls. Pressman: E. Wilkins.
The Edition is limited to 750 copies. Nos: 1-100 are bound in full green morocco.
- Overall Condition: Very good
- Size: Small folio (315 x 195 mm)
- Sold By: Clarke's Africana & Rare Books
- Contact Person: Paul Mills
- Country: South Africa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 021 794 0600
- Preferred Payment Methods: Visa & Mastercard via PayGate secure links and Bank transfers, PayPal with a 5% surcharge
- Trade Associations: ABA - ILAB, SABDA